Tuesday 12 October 2010

Diary Blog Entry: 121010

Complications with booking the theatre have arisen. Year 10 boys assembly will ended at 3:30pm, so I waited until then and started to set up the props. Ms Johnson, the head teacher had a faculty meeting, and I had to clear up all our equipment again, even though I did already book the theatre for 3:00pm. Mr. Hitchinson, the technician also had no knowledge of this meeting so he helped me carry everything to the Drama studio. Setting up the equipment, I called the actors and they came well prepared; the lead singer had learnt the lyrics fluently and the drummer learnt the drumming pattern, guitarist was ill and had a headache but continued to act. Kimberly, a drama student, showed me how to use the lighting in the theatre, and taught me how to set up the sound and spotlights. Another problem I encountered was the lack of mains power outlets, as I needed to use many external devices including lighting, amplifiers, microphones, sound system etc. to make the scene look as authentic as possible. We finished shooting at 6:00pm, just before the low battery warning on my camera had appeared. I have also taken a few potential photos for my Digipak, as it was very convenient using the hired instruments as props. Today, I also had to re-arrange the location and next shooting date, as my lead singer's schedule clashed. We have arranged to film on Monday 25th October, as the male and female lead are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment