Tuesday 9 November 2010

First Draft of Video (Rough Cut)

I have created a questionnaire on Surveymonkey, gathering audience feedback as i can send the link out easily on networking sites and the viewers can more conveniently see the video, rather than printing a lot of sheets and going around the school asking for people's opinions. This is the link for my survey, http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SVNVCWN i am currently collecting the results, and once enough people have taken the questionnaire, i will publish the feedback. No transitions or effects have been added whatsoever. A few people have mentioned they are confused because there is no establishment between the past and present, so I will be making the flashbacks greyscaled with lowered saturation, coloured hue, a slight Gaussian blur or bloom, and lighter matte/vignette. I have also decided to use superimposing, in my video which means I can get two of the same person in one shot, using my editing skills to make the video look more interesting. A few of the clips are also out of sync, and the quality of the video is not it's best which I will fix carefully in my final draft.


1 comment:

  1. Well done Tu-Ann, clearly a lot of hard work has gone into this project. The performance parts of the video are excellent - good use of lighting and good lip-synching. My only criticm here is towards the end the guitarist sings the line instead of the singer which seems a bit odd. A clear relationship between music and visuals is shown otherwise.
    I quite like the montage of images of the couple together although I think you could possibly have developed more of a narrative to make it a bit more interesting - remember you don't have to literally represent the lyrics. 'Before we met' gives me the idea that we could see how they met or even let us find out what it is they are arguing about! Have a look at some Kids in Glass Houses videos as they have similar ideas to yours. Overall excellent camerawork (although maybe more movmement like panning or tracking shots)and consideration of mise-en-scene.

    ReplyDelete